Friday 4 July 2014

S J Crafts July Challenge

This month's challenge from S J Crafts involved selecting three things from a list of possibles - a colour, a symbol and a title.  One of the possible titles was "Summer Days" so I included that in my title about a really mad summer day last year when we saw Big Foot and met Jaws from the Bond films.

I'm still having trouble with getting blurry bits on my photos and I'm hoping that now I'm home from Wales that it was a temporary thing but we shall see!

I used an arrow which was one of the options but a star or sun shape was another option and I think the cogs and gears in the layout fit that shape rather well too.  I couldn't resist using All About A Boy collection from Echo Park because the gears and the colours were such a great match.  I chose red as the colour from the list of options so I used red Bazzil as the background.

I'd forgotten how much I loved this collection with all the vivid colours and some of the wording fitting my theme perfectly too.  Obviously I have more than this one photo of the event so I'll probably use it again soon!
There's some big news about S J Crafts on the blog today so you can read it and see more about the challenge here.

Bye for now
xx

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've found an echo park collection, I haven't liked :) what I really like about your layout, other than all of it lol, is the torn black border. Really eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the black on this too.

    I was sorry to read about SJ Crafts and I'm wishing her all the best for the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout, Lisa Jane!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Layout LJ!!! Fab layering and colour choice!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)